The LLNL Research Library offers the following services:
- Acquisitions: The research library works with publishers to maintain subscriptions to databases, journals, and e-book collections. Lab employees may submit requests for additional resources.
- Reference: Expert librarians are available to respond to research questions. They can help find the best information, assist with literature searches, and provide guidance on citation management, lab notebooks, data management plans, publishing, and research assessment. Instructional sessions are available.
- Publishing Support: Librarians are available to consult with on a variety of publication topics that include where to publish, researcher IDs (ORCID), publication fee administration, and copyright transferal agreements.
- Circulation: A physical collection of books and bound journal volumes is available for checkout. LLNL researchers may also request a UC Berkeley Library card.
- Interlibrary Loan: The Library partners with other libraries and services to get access to articles and books outside the collection scope.